List of Free Virus Removers
List of free virus removers available for free download:
- Symantec Virus Removal Tools – Developed by Symantec Security Response to routinely conduct tedious and extensive manual removal tasks of computer viruses.
- Avast Free Edition – A free virus remover for non-commercial or home use. It effectively scans and removes existing viruses and spyware and blocks new ones from infecting your system. It has incremental updates of virus names in its database usually twice a week, which is reliable and fast.
- AVG – Can be downloaded for free and used without limitations for the removal of computer viruses and spyware. Please note that this free version occasionally shows advertisements asking you to upgrade to the premium version.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus – This virus remover not only offers a free trial, but it includes a powerful set of virus cleaning tools designed to remove and detect viruses infecting your computer system. It is a valuable application and because of its size, you can even download it with a slow dial-up connection.
- McAfee Stinger Virus Removal Tool – a stand-alone application used to detect and remove certain computer viruses. It is not an alternative for full protection against computer viruses but it is a tool that can be utilize by administrators or end-users in dealing with an infected computer system.
- ScripTrap – this free virus remover traps scripts attempting to run on your computer system. It provides the option of letting them proceed to run or blocking them.
- Clam Antivirus – is a free virus remover designed for Microsoft Windows NT/98/ME/2000/XP/2003. It supplies a graphical user interface to its scanning engine.
- AntiVir Personal Edition – provides effective protection against computer viruses either for corporate or individual use of single workstation.